about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2021-89221
Work Location :GB--Ware
Department / Discipline : Project Control
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Planner with experience in the Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries. This role will be site based at Ware, Hertfordshire.
You would be expected to develop and maintain the master schedule, performing weekly progress updates and bi-weekly progress curves, gather engineering and procurement progress information from the respective disciplines and input into the progress measurement system, as well as receive progress updates from the construction planning engineer.
Key duties would include:
* Review and understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, project execution plan, proposal / project schedule (including manpower projection plan), conditions of contract.
* Work within the standard planning / scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures fulfil client requirements and develop additional project specific procedures where necessary.
* Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure that sufficient planning resources are provided.
* Liaise with Client Project Control personnel as necessary.
* Timely preparation and issue of:-
* Overall Project Schedule Level 1
* Project Schedule Level 2
* Project Network Level 3
* Schedule Basis Memorandum (SBM)
* Manpower Projection Plan
* Critical Equipment Lists / Schedules
* Progress 'S' Curves and tabulations
* Manhour / Manpower histograms
* Short-term look ahead schedules
* Monthly progress report including narrative
* Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation of items described above and that they agree to their respective elements and approve documents where necessary.
* Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics.
* Prepare and issue project action reports to Project Manager / Project Control Manager.
* Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition.
* Analyse schedule trends and produce regular forecasts of schedule performance and issues for project review.
* Working on the Wood Project Management System
* Supporting and mentoring junior staff
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in planning similar projects, with sufficient knowledge of engineering and design deliverables, EPC planning experience, and experience in planning for projects heavily dependent on 3rd party and subcontractors.
Additionally, experience in fast track projects would be valued.
* Strong familiarity with earned value management and reporting.
* P6 experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel with ability to program
* NEC3 Experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.