27 days ago
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services.
We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
What is the purpose of this role?
To own and lead the operational solution for the Amey Area 7 Maintenance and Response Contract.
To build relationships internally and externally of the business, ensuring an honest and open environment is created, with the aim of ongoing increases in operational/business efficiency of the M&R contract
You will be key member of the Area 7 Senior Management Team with full responsibility and accountability for the operational solution, leading a workforce of 150+ colleagues.
You will be a leader in all senses, coaching, mentoring and building strong, long lasting relationships throughout your teams and with all other teams both internally and externally.
You will relish the challenges that this new form of contract brings, looking to establish solutions to the current set of problems and those you see as the next problems/hurdles that may hinder ongoing improvements in delivery efficiency.
Visibility is key as we are fundamentally a “people” business.
What will this role involve?
* Ownership of the operational solution, operational performance and delivery of the Annual Service Plan in conjunction with the planning team at all stages from inception to completion
* Reporting direct to the Account Director and supporting with owning and continually improving the business performance of the account
* Have the presence and ability to deputise for the Account Director as and when required
* Being visible across the network while we deliver 24/7/365 essential services
* Foster strong and progressive relationships internally and with Highways England and key stakeholders / customers
* A customer-centric, outcome focussed mindset, ensuring we consistently deliver our best possible service
* Opportunity to support with wider business development / strategic bids as and when required
* Lead with the account Operational Safety Advisor and wider SMT – leading on our Amey Zero Code principles
* Working with other Amey M&R contracts, sharing and developing best practice and synergies
* Driving continual efficiency improvements across resources; people, fleet, plant suppliers and subcontractors
* Ensure that business imperatives are clearly communicated and understood across your teams
* Own and drive quality solutions
* Line manager responsibility for a team of 150+ and people manager of 9
* Manage supplier relationships (often outsourced / sub-contractors) Manage direct reports Support and reflect the Amey culture within the business Ensure a culture of compliance / inclusion
What are we looking for?
An exceptional, driven and dynamic operational leader with the ability to implement and lead on continually enhancing operational performance. An individual with a passion for delivering an excellent service to our client and customers with commercial acumen to drive an outstanding value for money solution. A clear understanding and demonstrable experience of Maintenances and Response contracts and the UK strategic road network. Proven ability in owning performance and managing, developing and motivating others within their teams. An ability to deliver an annual cyclical plan, minimising any re-work and promoting optimum quality at all times.
A passionate safety leader, always striving for zero harm , ensuring colleagues return home safe and well at the end of each and every shift. Upholding our Amey values and leading by example across all areas.
Proven ability in establishing and maintaining a high performing culture, leading through periods of change and delivering strong and reliable performance at all times.
A named representative for CDM15 Principal Contractor and ideally experience / qualifications in coordinating temporary works.
What makes this role unique?
You will typically be responsible for revenue of £10m to £29m and manage a headcount of 50 to 100 people.