about 1 year ago
Mechanical Lead – M&E Building Services - Northamptonshire
Who are Laing O’Rourke and what are we looking for?
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O’Rourke is an internationally-focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
Committed to a sustainable future, Laing O’Rourke is re-thinking the way the built environment is designed, delivered and operates - collaborating with world-leading industry and academic partners, bringing innovative new solutions, ensuring the most efficient long-term engineering solutions.
Our in-house MEP Engineering business, Crown House Technologies, requires a Mechanical Lead to drive the delivery of mechanical works on our Wellingborough Prison project, reporting to the MEP Project Leader. The build value of the project is £253m and PC is scheduled for the autumn of 2021.
Crown House Technologies (CHt) is an MEP Engineering enterprise, founded on over 200 years of experience. CHt became part of Laing O’Rourke in 2004 and today is one of the UK’s leading building and infrastructure technology services providers, supplying a complete Building Services package.
Crown House Technologies excels as one of the UK’s leaders of digital engineering, modular design and manufacture, and delivery of fully integrated building services systems. Through extensive experience in a wide variety of sectors and business streams, our enduring vision is to offer our expertise, passion and experience to new clients and industries, and to change the face of our industry through efficiency, quality, and innovation.
What will you be doing?
* Ensuring works are carried out within budget with effective cost control measures.
* Managing the installation within the HMP Wellingborough project by planning the works within program, resourcing labour effectively and ensuring a quality installation.
* Effectively communicate technical issues between project management and other functions
* Application of engineering principles in the preparation of calculations / drawings / sketches and resolution of engineering challenges within specific knowledge areas.
* Implementing engineering systems, documentation and controls by compliance with Health & Safety legislation, Company and industry standards.
* Delegation of works to the mechanical delivery team
Why Choose Us?
We are passionate about harnessing innovation as a positive force for change. We instil this mindset culturally in every element of our operations and pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a career.
Apply now or find out more about us at -******. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and