about 1 year ago
Building Performance Engineering
Opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team in Plymouth PL7 5BP.
Hydrock is an independently owned multi-disciplinary consultancy, with over 450 staff, operating out of 16 offices. It is one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being. It’s our belief that by creating the right environment we inspire the delivery of amazing results for our clients. You can check out our values here. Our highly-successful business is currently growing at 12% per annum.
Our Plymouth based team of Structural, Building Performance Engineering, Infrastructure and Geo-Environmental staff service our clients from a converted barn, just north east of Plymouth, where we have good facilities including car parking.
We bring a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively within the design team, highlighting options, guiding the design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers. Our solutions are tailored to the client – with simplicity of design often key, but with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions as well.
We work across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, retail, leisure and residential for end user clients, investors, developers, architects, and project managers or engineer-led project teams.
* A proven Principal (or experienced Senior) Mechanical Building Services Engineer
* Strong communication, project management, analysis, design and drawing skills
* Self-motivated team player with good people skills and the ability to mentor less experienced engineers
* Comprehensive knowledge of current building regulations including gas and water regulations
* Sound knowledge of renewables including solar, heat pumps (air, ground and water), combined heat and power systems
* Believe in our ethos.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.