10 months ago
Job Title : Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Winchester
Category : Building Services Engineering
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Highly Competitive
Reference # : RG1671
As the Principal Mechanical Design Engineer at our office in Winchester you will be part of our Building Services team that are delivering innovative solutions for our client's.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer duties include:
* Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
* Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
* Designing site-specific equipment as required
* Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
* Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
* Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
* Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
* Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
You will have experience with designing projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc along with an accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification.
Working for Ridge you will receive excellent benefits including Private Health Care, a generous Company Pension scheme, 25 days holiday (increasing with years’ service) and an excellent work life balance.
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 28th September 2019