17 days ago
Principal Manufacturing Test Development Engineer
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Role Title and Location: Principal Manufacturing Test Development Engineer, Bolton
Job Ref No: P8217K
Reports to: Engineering Team Lead – Manufacturing Test Development
Salary: £38,000 - £43,000 DOE, plus bonus and benefits
We are seeking an experienced Automated Test Engineer specialising in circuit card electronics to join our Manufacturing test development team. This is an exciting time as we begin work on a host of challenging, but rewarding projects supporting the circuit card production line.
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate, whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA’s deliverable product commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
What are we looking for?
* HND or Degree Level of Qualifications or equivalent (Engineering / Electronics disciplines preferable).
* Up-to-date knowledge of contemporary electronics.
* A good understanding of measurement and test principles and equipment.
* Capable of working from and creating technical documents such as schematics, PCB layouts and Engineering Drawings.
* Significant experience creating Automated Test Equipment.
* Experience of using NI LabVIEW and/or TestStand preferable.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with different levels of the organisation.
* Good planning and organisational skills.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?
* This role offers the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of product types and also test the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
* Working across multiple disciplines you will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a wide variety of technologies.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Working in the established Manufacturing Test Development team, you will be creating and maintaining small- to medium-sized automated test systems. We test a wide range of electronic products, from actuation systems through to target acquisition and guidance, but mainly focused on Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA).
Within the role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of test strategies and where appropriate influencing our product development through ‘Design for Test’. This involves creating test strategy documents, designing Interchangeable Test Adaptors (mechanical and electrical), and supporting the associated software development.
The team is always evolving its thinking and process as new technologies and challenges are put on the table; you will get the opportunity to be involved with this through development.
What’s great about the team?
* You will be joining a dynamic, focused team responsible for the development of manufacturing test equipment for complex electronics products.
* The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from experienced technical experts, through to graduate and apprentice engineers.
* The team prides itself on developing high quality test solutions, and works to develop its engineers to take on these complex challenges.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.