7 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Looking for an exceptional opportunity as a leading technical author, who wants to work on ground-breaking digital technology? If you have an interest in computing technology, excellent communication skills, and a detail-orientated and can-do approach, we could be your next step for growth.
Your Architecture and Technology colleagues work on developing new Arm Architecture. They take a system-level perspective, and define requirements and solutions to ensure that future IP is innovative and of the highest quality.
Your job is to lead the team of experienced Information Developers, creating well written and structured specification documents. You and the team will work closely with Arm architects (both hardware and software) to understand and document the architecture.
Our information developers work in a flexible, supportive, and an environment driven by knowledge. Your skills are highly valued, we offer extensive education, on-the-job training, and mentoring to support your (and the teams) growth.
* You are the technical authoring authority leading the Information Developers to produce timely, quality documentation. Working closely with key partners to understand user requirements.
* Coaching and mentoring your team members is part of your position. Planning, tracking, and reporting on documentation projects including resource management.
* Continuously improving and implementing standard methodologies for developing documentation. Ensuring that documentation aligns with corporate and architectural standards.
* Writing architectural specifications in collaboration with Arm’s architects and structured content that maximizes comprehension as well as ease of use, and eliminates ambiguity without the loss of precision.
* Degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject, for example: Comparative linguistics / Computer science (either hardware or software related) or Electronic engineering or alternative information development experience in a software or hardware developing company.
* Proven track record in writing technical specification documents for global audiences.
* You are willing to engage deeply with technical material, and ability to understand difficult technical concepts.
* Relevant experience and interest in technology, actively seeking to develop new knowledge and skills.
* Having a collaborative mindset, enjoying co-developing a team and you are comfortable with taking the lead in a technical authoring environment. You are a result oriented problem solver with a strong commitment to quality.
Knowledge of either
* Waterfall and agile project management methodologies
* Arm Architecture.
* System-on-Chip interconnect technology.
* Embedded operating system.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Opening date: 30 November 2017
Closing date: 29 December 2017
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary and benefits: Competitive
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps