7 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal GPU Architect within our Central Technology team.
You will need to have architecture and software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to be a technical leader and make your mark delivering industry leading GPU IP.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse including architecture, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, participating in relevant industry consortium's, engaging with product groups and the segment marketing team, and taking part in partner and customer engagements.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
You will be working with other elite architects on advanced graphics architecture including:
* Design and development of 3D graphics architecture for the latest graphics APIs
* High level performance modelling and competitive analysis of graphics hardware features
* Ability to understand and analyse system level architectural trade-offs (including hardware, memory systems and system s/w)
* Analysis of application, benchmarks and games
* Developing and enhancing innovative tools for architectural exploration and performance analysis
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree in computer science, electronics engineering or microelectronics. Other science graduates will be considered with relatable experience.
* You possesses a strong ability to creatively think and communicate effectively within a global team environment
* Deep experience and background in Computer Graphics and GPU architecture
* Ability to quantify and make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product.
* Repeated experience of driving architecture development
* Strong programming ability: C, C++, scripting
* Analysis of micro-architecture and performance modelling
* Experience of RTL design for GPU's, CPU's or DSP
About Media Engineering
Working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps