6 months ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
A typical week would include:
* Technical management and delivery of geotechnical projects making use of efficient working practices to provide industry leading, best value services to our clients.
* Effectively manage and deliver project work with robust project financial management. Has budget responsibility for the delivery of projects and services.
* Assist in the management of the team resources and allocation of appropriate project resources.
* Manage, motivate, mentor and develop supporting professional staff across the team. Contribution to technical excellence initiatives.
* Oversee all aspects of project delivery including liaison with clients, contractors and sub consultants, and public and statutory bodies, quality control and management of specialists.
Part time working hours available
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* In depth knowledge of geotechnical engineering, with a broad understanding of the underlying principles, and substantial project management experience of medium sized projects.
* Significant experience across a range of business sectors with demonstrably good commercial awareness and relationships with clients and contractors. Has strong communication and project management.
* Notable experience in the delivery of geotechnical projects, including preparing reports to a high technical level. Understanding of client requirements and the ability to influence contract specifications.
* Excellent report-writing and strong client liaison skills. Will have significant previous experience of undertaking and managing: geotechnical desk studies; designing, procuring & supervising Ground Investigations (GIs); checking and reviewing Ground Investigation Reports & Geotechnical Design Reports in accordance with the requirements of Eurocode 7 : Part 1. Client facing and able to lead at client/contractor meetings
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
Our work is serious, and serious fun. We create homes for penguins, help you get from A to B faster and safer, create inspiring places to live and work, and shape the skylines of our cities.
We value our people and our reputation. Having a diverse and robust workforce enables us to look for answers, not problems, and we pride ourselves on offering clients clever, imaginative, future-facing solutions. If you are interested in finding ways to help society thrive, at home and further afield, an exciting career could be waiting for you here.