7 months ago
Becoming a Principal Geotechnical Engineer with Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure:
Location - Cardiff, Carlisle, Manchester or East Grinstead
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure are looking to recruit a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join the ground engineering team based within the civil engineering business in our East Grinstead office. We are seeking candidates with significant postgraduate experience who are Chartered Engineers and have a detailed understanding of major civil engineering projects and how geotechnical engineering contributes to the success of these projects. The successful candidate will lead project design teams in the geotechnical discipline and provide guidance as required on a project specific basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Principal Geotechnical Engineer to take a leading role in ground engineering aspects of major projects within this established geotechnical team of a top UK consultant.
What you will do:
* Supervising and overseeing the work of project design team members including senior engineers, engineers and graduates
* Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of geotechnical design solutions for major civil engineering works for highway, railway and other infrastructure schemes at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
* Have a degree of autonomy in providing geotechnical design input to selected projects within the framework of the overall team.
* Good team player within a multi-disciplinary environment who enthusiastically takes ownership of tasks, taking them through to successful completion.
* Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure when necessary.
* Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to convey information accurately with attention to detail.
* Keen to learn and develop new and existing skills.
* Willingness to support graduate geotechnical engineers in developing their own technical skills.
* Proficient in discussing technical issues in non-technical language with clients and non-geotechnical colleagues.
* Ability to deal with clients in a friendly, efficient and effective way.
* Financially aware.
Your experience will include:
* Degree in civil engineering, BEng level minimum.
* MSc in geotechnical engineering or similar.
* Chartered Engineer through the Institution of Civil Engineers.
* Significant relevant postgraduate experience with a consultant and / or a contractor.
* Capabilities in a range of geotechnical analytical and design techniques for foundations, deep excavations, retaining structures and slopes, including soil-structure interaction and numerical modelling (2D and 3D).
* Keen to understand, investigate and embrace new design philosophies, technologies and construction techniques applicable to geotechnical engineering.
* Conversant with relevant design codes, including EC7.
* Full UK driving licence.
* Experience on major design and build infrastructure projects.
* Experience working on tunnelling projects.
* Active within professional institutions, forums or societies
About Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure
At Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure, we work with public and private sector organisations to design, build and optimise their property and infrastructure assets. We’re a multidisciplinary property consultancy, with more than 4000 experts in 40 offices across the UK, assisting clients at every stage of the property lifecycle. Join us and you’ll be part of a team making it easier and more profitable for investors, occupiers and developers to buy, sell, manage, let, develop and invest in real estate.
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 25 day’s holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Become a Change Maker