8 months ago
Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Taunton
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
Vacancy Reference: 201
Here at Peter Brett Associates (PBA) you can join an established Geoenvironmental team in Taunton which is a key part of our national Geotechnical business whilst having the opportunity to set the direction of your own career path.
We’re looking for someone to shape the Geotechnical offering and assist in growth of the team in the region whilst supporting the national business . You’ll provide geotechnical input to a wide range of brownfield and greenfield development schemes ranging from small sites for private developers to large multipurpose land development schemes for regional development agencies and blue chip clients, infrastructure and building schemes
You will be Chartered with proven experience in leading and developing people to deliver Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental design projects.
Proven commercial and technical experience will be highly advantageous, but more important is your drive and ambition to develop these skills whilst having the support and backing of the national business.
Based at our Taunton office your key responsibilities will be:
* Technical reviews of Phase 1 desk studies and Phase 2 Site investigations and Environmental statements
* Interpretative reporting of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental site investigation
* Geotechnical design, analysis, advice and support on buildings and infrastructure projects
* Project Management
* Preparation of tender documents for Phase 2 investigations and remedial works
* Preparation of earthworks specifications and tender documents for Geotechnical and contaminated land remediation works
* Preparation of technical and financial proposals for the above works
To succeed in this role you’ll need:
* Degree qualification (or equivalent) in Geotechnical, Civil or Geoenvironmental Engineering
* A minimum of 10 years’ UK experience in delivering a variety of Geotechnical design projects
* A strong understanding of Geotechnical principles and soil structure interaction
* Practical experience of delivering infrastructure or contaminated land remediation schemes
* Experience of Geoenvironmental project management is advantageous
* Experience of leading, developing and coaching staff
* Some business development experience is desirable but not essential
* A full UK driving license is required.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.