about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has emerged for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer (or an experienced Senior) to join our multi-disciplinary team in Birmingham (based in a modern office on Edmund Street, B3 2HP).
We have established a well-regarded team of over 30 staff in Birmingham over the last five years, contributing our engineering design to projects across the region.
Historically our Geo team in Northamptonshire have covered the Birmingham market but our strategic move into the city centre in January 2019 included developing a local team and the appointment of Paul Eastwood as Regional Director for the Midlands. The person we hire for this role will be the second Geo person in Birmingham, one of about 30 Geo staff in the Midlands and one of the 100 or so staff that make up the national division (which is a single cost centre, measured on collective performance).
Hydrock is an independently owned multidisciplinary consultancy, of circa 500 staff, operating out of 17 offices. It is one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (note our recent Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). We believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Our values include having fun, giving something back and our families coming first- check out all 10 here (and don’t miss the Challenge Day video on the same page!).
More about the role and your experience
* Experienced and capable at scoping and delivering geotechnical ground investigations for a variety of purposes.
* A capable ground modeller.
* Experienced in writing interpretive geotechnical reports.
* Experience in the specification and design of geotechnical structures (foundations, earthworks, ground improvement, slopes, embankments, cuttings, gravity structures, nails, anchors, imbedded walls etc).
* An experienced Principal Geotechnical Engineer with substantial consultancy experience gained in the UK.
* BEng, BSc or higher qualification in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering and Chartered Member of a relevant institution
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you can expect at Hydrock
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A good team, office and employer. A genuine opportunity to develop and to be recognised and rewarded.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.