8 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will lead a design to ensure the delivery of all project requirements on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
* Undertake a wide range of geotechnical design work, fully compliant with Eurocode 7
* Scope, plan and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements
* Progress projects through preliminary and detailed design with particular emphasis on client requirements
* Prepare and check engineering designs, calculations, and manage the production of design documents for issue to the client
* Prepare and check technical documents, reports and contract documents and assist in the preparation of expressions of interest and tenders, including cost estimates
* Supervise team members including engineers, senior engineers, senior technicians and assistant and graduate engineers
* Liaise with clients, maintaining a strong client relationship, and ensure their requirements are effectively communicated to the team
* Assist with contract preparation together with project planning and programming.
* Project administration reporting to Line Management including monitoring programme delivery, resources and budgets
We want to hear from you if you have:
* Chartered Engineer (C.Eng, C.Geol or equivalent)
* Bachelor or Masters Degree or equivalent in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology or Civil Engineering (with strong Geotechnical ability and experience)
* Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and geotechnical design software
* Broad capability in geotechnical design – earthworks, retaining structures, foundations
* Excellent knowledge of statutory processes and technical standards
* Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
* Significant and demonstrable experience in rail and/or highways
* Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management