about 1 year ago
Principal Fire Safety Advisor
You will be part of a rapidly expanding Fire Safety team comprising of Fire Engineers and Fire Safety Advisers within WYG's Asset Management capability, which encompasses professionals based throughout the UK. Our expertise is offered to public and private clients around the UK and globally through the full project life cycle, including design, procurement and management.
You will be responsible for:
* Undertaking Fire Risk Assessments in accordance with nationally recognised standards under our NSI Gold Scheme BAFE SP205 accreditation.
* Undertaking fire compartmentation surveys
* Preparation of fire strategies and fire safety manuals
* Delivering work to a high standard within set timeframes
* Liaising with the Fire Safety support team and head of Fire Safety
* Attending client/primary authority meetings when necessary
* Preparation and delivery of fire safety training courses
* Undertake business development activities to a level commensurate with the role
Our client base includes healthcare, education, defence, infrastructure, retail and residential.
* Suitably qualified, with extensive fire safety experience and a full understanding of fire engineering and fire risk assessment principles. Your practical knowledge and application is a key requirement.
* Fire Risk Assessor experienced in working on the full range of occupancy types
* Fully conversant with current fire safety legislation and technical standards as well as having a full understanding of current fire safety issues, trends and best practice
* A good standard of professional expertise, practical competence and problem-solving capability, flexibility, commitment and excellent inter-personal skills
* Full UK driving license
* Suitable for security clearance
* Excellent IT skills
We offer career development and training, including project management and broader safety management solutions.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
WYG PLC's shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you'll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You'll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.