17 days ago
London - United Kingdom
UK Environment Team
Posted 4 weeks ago
BMT Environment UK provide environmental consultancy services and modelling software solutions. Our core capabilities include flood risk and water resource management, coastal processes and climate change adaptation, environmental regulation and compliance, and TUFLOW software sales and support.
Our specialist water and environmental services include Hydrology and Flood Hydraulics; Flood Forecasting and Intelligence; Coastal and Maritime Structures; Water Quality and Sedimentation Studies; Metocean Services; and Urban Water Cycle Solutions
We work closely with upstream oil and gas industry, delivering Environmental and Social Impact Assessment; Environmental Compliance and Permitting; Decommissioning Programmes and Scoping; Chemical Permitting; Marine Conservation and Ecosystems Management; Hydrodynamic, dispersion and particulates Modelling, Underwater Noise and Oil Spill Modelling and Impact Assessment and Environmental Due Diligence.
The Environment UK operating unit has offices in Aberdeen, Leeds and London and are currently looking to bolster our environmental capability.
We are currently looking to recruit a Principal Environmental Consultant to provide independent and original expertise, ingenuity and judgement in the offshore oil and gas and renewables fields. The Principal will act as a Project Manager or Project Director and lead a team of employees both from a team and project perspective. They will help grow the business through strategic business development, promotions and sales.
The Principal Environmental Consultant will:
* Be a recognised expert in their field with strong technical capability in marine biology, Environmental Impact Assessments of oil and gas and marine renewable energy operations, facilitation of relevant environmental studies, workshops and stakeholder engagement.
* Provide strategic and statutory environmental advice to clients in a variety of sectors.
* Build upon existing and develop new client relationships to further the Environment UK business.
* Provide technical advice, leadership and mentoring to the marine environment team.
Essential requirements for the role would be:
* A relevant bachelor’s degree in biological or other relevant science and a working knowledge of environmental engineering techniques.
* Significant post-graduate experience in Oil and Gas industry or Oil and Gas consulting sector.
* Demonstrable experience in offshore renewable energy projects.
* Excellent knowledge of offshore environmental UK policy and legislation.
* Demonstrable experience in managing and writing Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Statements and Appraisals, and/or Strategic Environmental Assessment for offshore energy projects.
* Experience of project managing medium to large projects.
* Experience of business development, bid writing, client relationship building and key account management.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Environmental consultancy experience.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, we can provide the following:
* Salary and profit related bonus scheme (discretionary)
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Permanent Health Insurance (Income protection insurance)
* Defined Contribution Pension Scheme – BMT contribute double the employees’ contribution, up to a maximum of 10%
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Agile working practices
This role would be based from one of 3 offices: Aberdeen, Leeds or London. Currently we are operating home working in line with government guidelines.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and Covering Letter to -*******