about 1 year ago
Principal Engineering Technician
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognize the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
RSK Environment Ltd, a member of the RSK Group, includes a Materials & Structures department based at Hemel Hempstead that provides specialist inspection, surveying and investigation services into the built environment. The department also includes a UKAS-accredited materials-testing laboratory, which enables us to provide a full in house service for evaluating engineering properties and condition factors of construction materials and provide our clients with detailed assessment reports and guidance.
Principal Engineering Technician– Hemel Hempstead
Due to sustained and steady growth and a healthy order book heading into FY20, an exciting and immediate opportunity has arisen for someone with the desire to further their career within the investigative engineering sector. The successful candidate would be based out of our Hemel Hempstead office and would ideally have a sound engineering/construction qualification and/or minimum 5 years’ experience in the construction industry and be able to demonstrate good knowledge of design and construction processes for buildings and structures. Any experience in building investigation and/or construction materials assessment and evaluation will be looked upon favourably in consideration of your application.
Working as a member of the Materials and Structures team, you would be responsible for:
* Working as part of a team and supporting senior members of staff
* Coordinating, planning and undertaking building investigations and surveys, sampling and testing of structures and construction materials on sites across the UK.
* Liaising with clients and preparing inspection/testing programmes.
* Managing projects to achieve time and cost budget targets.
* Analysing inspection and test data and preparing interpretative technical reports.
* Awareness of health and safety issues
* Good communication skills
* Sound mathematical, technical and practical skills
* Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
* Good knowledge of construction/design/assessment processes for buildings and structures
* Well-developed IT and people skills
* Ability to work with a team and independently
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* A full UK driving licence is required for this job
Candidates should be aware that there will be a requirement for working both on site and at the office. Training will be afforded to accredit staff to undertake work within a railway environment, at height and within confined spaces. Manual handling and physical testing/inspection methods will be expected; therefore, candidates must be physically fit. Occasional staying away from home will be necessary in locations throughout the UK and possibly overseas.
Salary and benefits:
* Commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
* Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Environment Ltd must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer