9 months ago
Rivers, Dams and Maritime provides end to end infrastructure engineering to a diverse array of projects. Our services range from harnessing water’s true power from vast dam retaining structures and safely routing raging rivers through our towns, to taming the seas' effects on our coasts and ports. We combine technical excellence and industry expertise with our passion and dedication for conquering complex challenges. This approach ensures our clients’ projects are delivered sensitively, sustainably and embrace the latest technologies that efficiently achieve innovative civil engineering solutions.
If you are a skilled engineer – river, maritime, civil, infrastructure or structural – you will have the chance to apply your skills in the delivery of heavy civil engineering, river engineering and maritime works including condition assessment, refurbishment and new build throughout the UK and overseas. The role will entail working within a dynamic and growing engineering practice providing services directly to clients and with other Atkins’ businesses working in a broad range of markets including infrastructure, energy, transport and defence. Our current client portfolio includes The Environment Agency, local authorities, Hutchinson Ports, ABP, CMAL, Able UK, Cromarty Firth, Solent Gateway, Forth Ports, water companies, and major contractors. We are also engaged on and actively developing work in the Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific regions
Having attained Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer status, you will positively contribute to delivery of Atkins’ local and national strategy. The maritime and river engineering sectors are key markets for Atkins and this vacancy is for an assistant engineer providing unparalleled opportunity for personal development within a leading design, engineering and project management consultancy. International opportunities. Large scale, high profile projects. Once in a lifetime challenges. Your story can start here.
* Chartered (or equivalent professional qualification) Civil Engineer with strengths in water-related civils, river or maritime engineering.
* Possess a degree in Civil and/or Maritime Engineering (MEng level in an associated subject being advantageous).
* Experience in leading multidisciplinary engineering design teams developing contract documentation and construction contract administration is essential.
* Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of working collaboratively in teams and with other disciplines in delivering wet infrastructure or maritime projects.
* Working familiarity with relevant technical codes of practice and industry standards is essential; from initial planning through to construction management, and the relevant consents and approvals processes.
* Excellent written and verbal skills when communicating with stakeholders including technical and non-technical parties are essential.
* Have a valid UK driving licence, be available to travel across UK and occasionally overseas.
* Leading the delivery of river and/or maritime engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
* Provide leadership of the development of technical, commercial and / or project delivery excellence across local and national teams.
* Assisting in developing the Atkins’ Rivers, Coastal & Maritime business within the UK and overseas, delivering business development targets that will be set by the Practice Manager.
* Identify opportunities and prepare bids to commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
* To maintain and expand a portfolio of clients, maintaining excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure repeat business.
* Ensuring the quality of project work meets the agreed standards and specifications.
* Managing supplier resources to deliver projects to time, quality and budget.
* Liaise with and support other Project Managers and Directors across the wider UK home and international markets.
* Mentoring colleagues in developing technical and/or commercial knowledge and understanding.
* Possessing a flexible, winning attitude.
* Able to generate innovative solutions to challenges and follow them through.
* Self-motivated towards improving personal and team development.
* Excellent team working and communication skills.
* Customer focused and a high level of commercial and relationship management skills
* Strong reputation and high level technical performance in a fast paced environment.