about 1 year ago
About the Role
To successfully lead, manage and deliver a wide range of highways and multi-disciplinary projects. The job role will also include contributing to our business development, through building and maintaining client relationships, to win new and repeat work.
This position will also potentially include the development and oversight of a small team, where the successful candidate will be responsible for the management, appraisal and career development of the team members.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
* Good project management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects for various clients concurrently.
* A proven track record of working closely with clients, meeting client’s expectations whilst maintaining relationships
* An ability to develop, review, amend and negotiate project scopes, fee proposals and manage change control.
* A proven track record in the preparation of scoping documents and delivering projects that satisfy client’s objectives.
* A proven track record delivering projects on time, to budget and to a high customer satisfaction
* Stakeholder management.
* Contractual understanding
* Change Management
Qualifications and Work Experience:
The ideal candidate must have:
* An engineering degree from a reputable university
* Experience, ideally gained in a consultancy background
* Achieved Chartered status through ICE, CIHT or equivalent, and have appropriate professional accreditations.
* Line management experience, leading a team of 2+ staff, and ability to undertake staff appraisals and coach others.
* Experience motivating, developing and counselling junior staff and supporting them in delivery of projects with appropriate guidance, mentoring and encouragement
* Worked collaboratively with clients, other designers and contractors
* The ability to show initiative and examples of creativity
* A professional manner
* A clear and concise communication style
* A flexible attitude
* Ability to work to tight timescales, calm and resilient under pressure
* A track record of building and maintaining client relationships, winning new or repeat work
Ideally, the candidate will also have:
* Relevant project management qualifications (eg PRINCE2/APMP).
* A track record arranging and making presentations for internal / external bodies, and developing and presenting conference papers on the work undertaken by the team
* Good client connections (public and private sector) in the London and the South East markets
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
But what does that actually mean? It means that wherever you are, you’re never far from one of our success stories. From the tallest buildings to the deepest rail projects, from the broadest car parks to the narrowest mines, we do a lot.
As a diverse group of individuals that includes engineers, scientists, technicians, consultants and academics, united by our core values we create an environment where our people can flourish.