12 months ago
About the Role
The Glasgow team is seeking a Principal Engineer to provide technical leadership in the delivery of highway projects. Due to recent successes the team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate seeking new and exciting opportunities.
The successful candidate will form part of an existing team delivering a number of highways projects for public and private sector clients both in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will manage delivery of projects through various stages of design from feasibility to planning, detailed design and onto construction.
The candidate will be required to manage programmes of work and prepare designs and specifications. Duties will include :
* Preparation of designs in accordance with DMRB and other relevant standards
* Development of designs in AutoCAD, MX and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
* Preparation of project programmes
* Commercial management of small and large highway schemes
* Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects
* Production of technical reports as required
Training and Work Experience:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in civil engineering or another appropriate subject and have Chartered or Incorporated membership of an appropriate professional engineering institution.
The successful candidate will be capable of working to tight project time scales, work comfortably under pressure and have an open and honest approach. Evidence of good communication and team work skills will be sought.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the technical delivery of major and minor infrastructure projects from conception through to construction. They will be experienced in all aspects of highway design. Experience of managing a team of engineers and technicians would be advantageous.
Specific attributes :
* Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* Chartered or Incorporated Membership of an appropriate Institution
* Proven experience in the technical and commercial management of highway projects
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Confidence to seek clarification of instructions and work scope
* Experienced in the use of AutoCAD/MX/Civils3D
* Proficient in use of standard office software
* Full, clean driver’s license
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
With 7,000 talented people in 60 offices across the UK and Ireland, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
* We value our people and our reputation.
* We are locally dedicated with international scale.
* We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
* We foster collaboration in everything we do.
* We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.