5 months ago
About the Role
Principal Engineer, Highways, Croydon
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
This position will see you working as part of a highway design team.
A typical week would include:
* Managing the delivery of highway projects and services for local authorities and other public/private sector clients.
* Demonstrable experience on design and build projects
* Liaising at an appropriate level with clients, stakeholders and other technical disciplines (Transportation Planning, Environment, Structures and Geotechnical) to deliver innovative, value-for-money designs and solutions within time and cost constraints.
* Supporting Team Leader with the delivery of a programme of highway schemes and asset management services, including resource planning and co-ordination of teams.
* Working with Contractors to develop detailed designs and construction support services for major highways projects and services.
* Guiding, supervising and directing all team members in technical and project management matters to ensure the effective delivery of projects whilst aiding the technical/professional development of the team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Relevant Engineering degree and relevant post qualification experience
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status. Member of an appropriate Institution.
* Ability to lead teams and help with operational management of a team of up to 10 staff.
* Ability to lead work on small projects, or lead disciplines/sections as part of a larger delivery team on complex projects in a CAD/BIM environment.
* Experience of working with Contractors on Design & Build highway contracts.
* Experience with SUDs, FRA’s, Windes, HecRas/Isis, Foul Drainage Design, Pumping stations/rising main design, S104 agreements, understanding of legislation (FWMA), specifications for drainage using MMHW
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.