11 months ago
Principal Engineer - Functional Safety
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Electronics team of our automotive function.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
* You are responsible for system safety at all levels through a series of formal safety analyses (including hazard analysis, Hazard Testing, FMEA and FTA)
* Act as a Buddy and provide technical leadership for Safety Standards and Safety Analyses, including checking and approving analyses performed by others
* Liaise with the customer to set safety acceptance standards, to develop customer-specific safety analyses and to ensure that the customer's safety expectations are met
* Ensure that the supply-base is fully aware of the safety-related requirements and responsibilities
Your profile as Principal Safety Engineer:
* Successfully completed Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related subject
* You will hold experience in Safety Engineering with a working knowledge of IEC 61508 and an awareness of ISO26262 and other Legislative Safety Requirements
* Several years of experience of safety analyses of electro-mechanical safety-related products, including participation and organisation of hazard analysis, failure mode effect analysis and fault tree analysis
* Knowledge of statistical methods used for reliability analysis and design of validation test regimes
Candidates with a safety background within Automotive, Railways, Defence, Power or similar will be considered. Â
The ideal candidate profile:
* Engineering background
* 4-5 years' experience in the Safety domain
* Be very much hands on, not just project managed and delegated
* ISO26262 experience
* Fluent in English
* Automotive background
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.