8 months ago
Principal Engineer – Electric Machines
* Milton-Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Here at Integral Powertrain we are developing next generation e-Drive technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles. Our ethos is to combine innovation with engineering excellence and deliver world class products and services.
We have seen significant growth in our business, more than doubling in size following the delivery of a plethora of high profile products to our prestigious customers.
Our growth is set to continue for the foreseeable future along with our growing reputation of developing market leading technology.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer to help define, develop and deliver Electric Machines which meet the functional, quality, operational and cost requirements of our customers.
* Lead Electrical Machinery engineering projects with the aim of defining, developing and delivering Electric Machines which meet the functional, quality, operational and cost requirements of our customers.
* Act as the main interface between the Electrical Machinery R&D team and design, test and development teams - allocating resources to each task and maintaining a high level of communication throughout each project stage.
* Assess project scope and specification from the client’s requirements and provide technical input to agree the design parameters, assist in creating prospective customers proposals. Assess project requirements in accordance with the agreed timescales and specifications with clients and managers.
* Improve the speed/efficiency of the design to test cycle.
* Investigate unexpected problems and identify and implement practical solutions. Identify common/recurring problems and assist in finding solutions to unique issues.
* Assist in the development and implementation of test procedures, interpret and analyse results and data, support the development of quality and validation processes.
* Create reports, documentation and present the data to relevant parties.
* You will ideally hold a Degree / Masters in an engineering related subject.
* Exceptional knowledge of electrical machinery including E-Motors.
* Proven track record in project delivery within a systems engineering environment, preferably with Electric Motor / Inverter test and development experience.
* A confident project leader, able to allocate resources and coordinate engineers involved at different stages of the development cycle from concept to delivery and provide technical guidance on electrical machinery.
* In depth knowledge of Motor-CAD / Lab, Mathworks Software packages and ideally experience with ETAS INCA or similar.
Integral Powertrain is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.