11 months ago
Principal Engineer/ Developer – Water
Leeds or Newcastle
Job Reference - WA030
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Let’s enhance society together!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Engineer / developer to join out Water team in the UK to help us achieve our desired growth within the Water industry.
In order for us to target the private sector market we need to recruit the right individual with skills which are more focused towards Private Sector Support Services such as; Flood Risk Assessments, SUDs Design, Drainage Design, Drainage Strategies, Strategic Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Modelling and other similar inputs into the planning and detailed design stages of large and small developments.
This role would therefore be pivotal in building and developing the relationships and opportunities in the north between the Water, Transport Planning and Transport Design teams in terms of providing an integrated service which covers all aspects of drainage, surface water management, SUDs and flood risk assessment to support developers, planning consultants and local authority planners.
Part time applications will be considered for this position, with a minimum of 22.5 hours.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
* Assist in growing the team and the private sector workload, in addition to providing the core technical input and project direction on an agreed portfolio of projects.
* To develop and deliver a growth plan for Water related Private Sector Support Services, , such services to include (but not be limited to); Flood Risk Assessments, Strategic Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Strategies, Drainage Designs, SUDs Design and/or Assessment, Planning Phase Support and Drainage Modelling.
* To liaise with the core Water Consultancy Services team in the UK to ensure consistency of deliverables and quality.
* To liaise with the Transport Planning and Transport Design teams to identify opportunities to support joint growth aspirations and manage overlapping Water and Drainage related opportunities and activities.
* To liaise with other AGs / offices in supporting a cross functional approach to Private Sector Support Services and to contribute to Action Plans for major initiatives such as the Northern Powerhouse Task Force and HS2.
* To mentor and manage resources to deliver these works and support other Offices if required.
* To identify additional training, development and recruitment needs to support anticipated workload and future growth aspirations.
* Work collaboratively with the Team Leaders and take an active role in providing technical support, staff development and mentoring for more junior technical staff.
* Link and work collaboratively with other senior staff in delivering Engineering and design across the Water UK business.
The ideal candidate:
* Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
* Chartered Engineer via ICE or CIWEM or a Chartered Scientist with CIWEM with significant post-qualification experience
* Experience in the private sector market
* Working knowledge and experience of NEC3 contract management
* Experience of Flood Risk Assessments, SUDs Design, Drainage Design, Drainage Strategies, Strategic Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Modelling
* Knowledge and practical experience of civil engineering industry and environmental procedures and best practice
* Excellent commercial understanding and technical track record
* Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a flexible working policy, a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.