about 1 month ago
Career Opportunities: Principal Engineer - Civil, for COWI in the UK (34712)
Req ID 34712 - Posted 23/10/2020 - United Kingdom - General - Posting Location (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Do you want to work for a market leading international consultancy on a major infrastructure project that is shaping the future of the UK Are you an expert in all aspects of management for enabling works on major highway construction projects in the UK Do you have knowledge and experience of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works and Design Manual for Roads and Bridges If your answer is yes, COWI is here with an opportunity for you!
JOIN OUR COWI INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN BRISTOL or DERBY
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the UK team, you will support local and international projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, hydro, and more.
You will be joined by hundreds of skilled experts, collaborating over the entire lifecycle of a project – from idea, concept and design, to operation and maintenance within our portfolio of tunnels & underground structures, bridges, complex structures, ground engineering and reclamation projects.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with the Bristol or Derby engineering team. You will report to the Technical Director for Highways. You will be responsible for team leading, project management and technical deliverables including calculations and design work.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
* Leadership and management of a team of engineers and technicians, including mentoring less experienced engineers and developing their technical skills
* Building and developing a team of engineers, assisting their progression to Chartered status
* Managing and co-ordinating projects from feasibility to detailed design, including site supervision where required
* Overseeing development of conceptual designs
* Development of project controls and monitoring of progress against programmes
* Ensuring that design, assessments and checking of designs are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice
* Managing coordination of work undertaken by external sub-contractors and design checkers
* Maximising business development opportunities where possible and preparation of bids and tenders when required.
COWI is a leader within its field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should have excellent communications and rapport building skills.
Furthermore, you shall:
* Be a Chartered civil engineer: CEng, MICE (or equivalent)
* Have knowledge and experience of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works and Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and other relevant UK design standards
* Have experience of major highway works on the UK trunk road network
* Be an accomplished team leader with the ability to support, mentor and develop less experienced engineers
* Have sound understanding and experience in the application of the CDM Regulations and risk assessment process
* Have proven business development and client relationship building skills
* Be able to lead technical input for bids and tenders
* Have excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Have knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D (beneficial)
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Please contact our Recruitment Partner, Anders Schelde-Jensen, at--******
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend’s email address:
*Confirm you are not a robot:
Powered by SuccessFactors