3 months ago
At Atkins, we help move the world forward, one step at a time. We turn the future of transport into a reality and our transportation team works on the biggest and most challenging projects around. Join us and our training will invigorate your skills. You’ll experience plenty of variety and opportunities to grow your career with an award-winning team. And you’ll enjoy fantastic support and the social side of things too. So, help us deliver all types of innovative solutions as we transform potential into reality. This is our time to make a difference.
Atkins are seeking a candidate to join our civils & structures team within transportation to deliver and lead high profile projects that will last for hundreds of years. You’ll design infrastructure that link different places and improve people’s lives. Working closely with our customers, you’ll do everything you can to excel and deliver innovative solutions that exceed expectations.
Candidates will have a background of working within the UK rail sector along with a track record of successful delivery and leadership on railway engineering design projects who can demonstrate a high level of civil engineering technical capability.
• Chartered Engineer
• Previous experience in leading technical delivery of civil engineering design within single and multi-disciplinary projects
• Significant experience of undertaking design within the UK rail sector
• Experience of undertaking Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) role
• Thorough understanding of civil engineering design standards
• Capable of leading design and project teams, mentoring and supporting colleagues in technical engineering and design excellence, taking ownership of the work delivered by the team
• Experience of supporting the bidding process
• Lead, develop and review civil engineering designs from the local team and from other offices within Atkins
• Ensure successful delivery of projects by leading and co-ordinating cross-discipline interfaces
• Mentor and develop other engineers in their technical capability and understanding
• Liaison with clients including discussing technical solutions with technical and non-technical clients at both project and tender stage
• Undertake CRE role in the delivery of civil engineering elements of single and multi-disciplinary railway projects
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
• Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
• Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.