6 months ago
Working within our Rail Mobile Communications Project Engineering team, this role will take technical responsibility for a GSM-R project, working in partnership with the Project Manager.
What are my responsibilities?
* Responsible for technical and engineering element of a project, tender, or work-package item.
* Produce requirements from a customer specification and define development of new features
* Represent Siemens at factory and site customer acceptance testing both executing the tests and documenting the results
* Work overseas as required to ensure the project is delivered to the customer's satisfaction
* Responsible for providing support to the business during the project lifecycle e.g. bid tendering through to post implantation
* Responsible for accurately estimating cost, resources, programme and risk for engineering projects and activities
* Responsible for achieving budgets, timescales, quality and performance targets. Project responsibility for engineering team, where applicable, and responsible for ensuring that all work is conducted safely and to the required standards
* Responsible for maintaining and developing own professional competence and encouraging and assisting persons working under their Line Management supervision similarly
* Responsible for capturing innovative ideas and seeking to maximise the benefit of intellectual property to the business, through communication of potential patents and innovative ideas to the relevant parts of the business.
* Responsible for ensuring that persons working under their supervision are competent to carry out tasks assigned to them and that they accept personal responsibility for work done under the authority delegated
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
* Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
* Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
* Ensure compliance with the BMS procedures relative to their position
* Follow emergency procedures
* Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations
* Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
* Inform management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or processes which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
* Inform management of any potential improvements that could improve Siemens Mobility environmental performance
* Immediately inform management of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
* Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Engineering degree, or equivalent experience (essential)
* Technical specification knowledge of GSM and the applied application of on a Railway using GSM-R (essential)
* Expected to have outstanding technical / product knowledge relevant to the industry sector, and be capable of applying that to projects and tenders (essential)
* Able to travel abroad for short periods, working with customers and colleagues from other Siemens businesses (essential)
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Intelligent Traffic Systems, and Rail Electrification.
Requisition ID: 273966
Career Level: not defined
Full time only