about 1 year ago
Principal Electrical / ICA Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-39688
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical / ICA Engineer with a strong track record within the water sector to join the team in our Knutsford office.
Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure (E&IS) team provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets covering all aspects of water, wastewater and solid waste management and treatment.
Responsible to the Municipal Water Lead, you will actively contribute to all stages of project engineering design and delivery whilst becoming the key technical contact for municipal water mechanical inputs in the South region.
The Principal Electrical / ICA Engineer will be an integral member of the Municipal Water (South) team and work closely to design and deliver technical solutions and outputs for various types of water facilities and infrastructure. They will support the engineering and design delivery on a wide range of projects primarily producing and/or checking detailed mechanical engineering deliverables. The deliverables will support tenders, through to concept and detailed design deliverables and lead onto construction and commissioning support.
The workload is extremely varied and there may be opportunities to become involved in some challenging projects within several sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main responsibilities and duties of the Principal Electrical Engineer are as follows:
* Lead mechanical inputs for municipal water related projects in the South region
* Participate in proposals, scoping of work, key tasks and packages and resourcing/time estimates
* Preparation and/or review of electrical and instrumentation control design packages deliverables such as technical specifications, calculations, reports, datasheets, drawings, schedules, single line diagrams, block cabling routing and associated electrical/ICA documentation. Review and execute tender evaluations
* Understand requirements expertise in relation to installations relating to DSEAR and hazardous area classification
* Participate and manage testing, setting to work and commissioning stages relevant to electrical equipment and installations
* As the team grows, you will be expected to coach and mentor electrical/ICA discipline staff within the Municipal Water (South) region and actively contribute to the technical development of skills throughout the wider Municipal Water team.
* Encourage and actively promote skills and innovation within the team, externally to clients and industry contacts
* Support efforts to develop the digital transformation methodology in the delivery and management of projects
* Support efforts to develop a Synchro 4D / 5D design and construction sequencing approach and methodology
* Manage larger multi-disciplinary design projects or work packages that include a degree of programming and resource planning
Skills / Qualifications
* Able to communicate clearly in the English language; both verbally and in the production of good quality written documentation using MS Office applications
* Have a confident Client-facing manner, and be diligent, confident, collaborative and highly motivated; when working as part of a Client’s team, together with Wood colleagues, or independently
* Able to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints
* Have a heightened awareness of personal safety and a good understanding of the CDM Regulations
* Able to travel and visit engineering, operational and construction sites as required, to act in a safe manner, and to asset survey, inspect, and witness test E&I equipment and control system installations
* You will have a commitment to team goals embrace collaboration at all levels in the business and embrace safety as a non-negotiable priority
* A practical appreciation of electrical safe systems of work (previous experience as an Electrical Authorised Person would be beneficial)
* Able to use design software including AutoCAD, cable design and protection co-ordination software.
* You should have significant and extensive experience in the technical components of the role outlined above. This includes design experience to BS7671 and HD60364 gained within a relevant engineering sector
* Design Project Manager experience (desirable)
* Degree qualified - Electrical Engineering degree (IET accredited), or the minimum of an electrical HND with substantial experience
* Chartered Engineer (preferably Fellow of a major institution)
* APM qualified (desirable)
Possession of a valid UK driving licence is essential, as is a willingness to travel and work for limited periods elsewhere within the UK and on occasion, overseas.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.