4 months ago
Title : Principal Electrical Engineers
Requisition ID :2018-26853
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Electrical
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Principal Electrical Engineers. The ideal candidates will have experience of Defence and/or Civil Nuclear markets or other highly regulated industry. The candidates will be based in Glasgow and be able to undertake designs up to and including 11kV. The candidates will be able to lead and build a team of similar engineers within a vibrant industry.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
* Provision of leading technical expertise valued by clients, being a recognised authority in specialised areas and maintains ‘front edge’ capability in developing techniques and standards in area of expertise
* Provision of cost‑effective engineering design solutions and high quality customer service
* Acts as Amec Foster Wheeler Responsible Engineer for projects, possibly involving different technical disciplines and works in a safe and sustainable manner and strives for continuous improvement in these areas
* Produces and submits proposals or tenders for new work, within area of expertise
* Proactively provides mentoring and training for staff as required
* Maintains and develops customer relationships, through reputation, knowledge and experience, to encourage follow‑on and new work within the skill area, to promote future business
* Is self‑motivated within the role, and identifies and develops proposals to enhance business opportunities
* Demonstrates focus on customer care, committed to delivering on promises
* Experience of working with the ONR and DNSR guidelines / principle’s
* Ensure successful delivery of high quality engineering works to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree qualified, Chartered engineer with a relevant professional body
* Significant technical EC&I knowledge and experience
* Experience of a consultancy environment in a highly regulated industry
* Experience of working and engaging with the Defence Nuclear Safety Regulator (DNSR) or equivalent industry regulator
* knowledge of Civil nuclear plant systems, structures and component and associated design and assessment guidelines a distinct advantage
* Experience of 11kV generation and distribution systems is an advantage
* Experience of developing Safety Critical Systems and associated Safety Case
* Experience of requirements management and a systems engineering approach
* Maintains a developing knowledge of products and services available in the marketplace to support design concepts
* Maintains and develops knowledge, capability and competence in latest engineering standards and techniques
* Is flexible to travel to various sites around the UK for both long and short durations.
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.