4 months ago
Job Title : Principal Electrical Engineer, Property Services Group
Location : London - London, N1C 4AB UK (Primary)
Organisational Unit : Hoare Lea -> Specialist Group -> Property Services
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Property Services
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Job Description : Principal Electrical Engineer, Property Services Group
Competitive salary + benefits
We are looking for a highly motivated Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team based in London.
As a Principal Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering a combination of our Services: Plant Renewal, Replacement and Refurbishment, Surveys and Technical Advice and Carbon (building energy compliance).
Providing technical advice to Landlords, Property Agents and Building Managers about their engineering systems, how to comply with legislation and undertake forward planning and refurbishment, improved management of change and the maximisation of asset value.
You will be responsible for meeting with Clients, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance; we work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high quality service for our Clients.
What We Are Looking For
You will have a relevant degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualification. Have excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
Have excellent communication skills with both internal and external Clients and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.
With previous consultancy/site experience, you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering, lift engineering, sustainability and building performance in the design and operation of buildings and be adept at analysing and interpreting their impact on your work.
The successful candidate will have wide ranging experience in the building services industry and particularly within Electrical Building Services.
It would be advantageous of the candidate is a Chartered Engineer or actively working towards with a recognised institution.
What We Can Offer You
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
* Private medical scheme
* 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with the length of service
* Contributory pension scheme
* Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
* Active support towards further professional accreditation
* Friendly and dynamic team working environment
* Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
* Collaboration with design and specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
* Opportunity to lead a variety of projects from start to completion under own control
* Opportunity to gain vast experience of systems/services serving a wide range of properties
* Opportunity to gain experience of the life cycle operations of a property
* Opportunity to gain experience of life care of the installed engineering services within a property
* Development of own business opportunities for group
* Opportunity for onsite involvement
* Opportunities for career progression
* Opportunities to work on International Projects
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Building are often defined by the quality of service they get throughout their lifespan. Through replacement and refurbishment, a development’s lifecycle can be extended beyond expectation.
Ensuring a space is compliant often comes with time-pressures and external demands. We manage this change efficiently, ensuring the space is still useable and operational. Our work makes a significant impact on not just a building’s lifespan but also its value.
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK.