9 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Consultant to join our West Midlands Ecology Team (based in Leamington Spa), in order to support delivery of a large number of exciting projects.
Our long established but still growing team of over 70 ecologists delivers high quality services on complex projects in a variety of sectors including transport, renewables, nuclear, other power, waste, minerals and property.
We are looking for individuals with a successful track record in managing and delivering high quality technical work. You will have experience in designing, undertaking and managing a broad range of biological surveys (ideally including experience of bat surveys), and in managing (or task-managing) what are often large and/or challenging ecology projects for a variety of clients and development types. Staff management experience would be beneficial, as would experience of project management, proposal preparation, working with other environmental disciplines, and liaising with clients and consultees.
You will work closely with other ecology team members and with colleagues in other technical disciplines, on a wide variety of projects, which are likely to include Ecological Impact Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments, and mitigation and habitat creation, enhancement and management schemes. You will help to manage and deliver our large workload of ecological services across the Midlands and further afield. Dependent upon your skills, experience and interests, you will manage less experienced staff, undertake business development activities and manage projects or tasks within multi-disciplinary projects.
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent in ecology or a related subject.
* An MSc or PhD in a relevant subject would be beneficial
* You will have managed ecological projects including Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs) as part of the wider EIA process (ideally including for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects) and have strong experience in biological survey work (with the main focus being on the terrestrial environment).
* You will also have won ecological work in a competitive environment
* You will have experience in dealing with consultees as well in liaising with clients and design teams.
* Experience in undertaking Habitats Regulations Assessments would be beneficial.
* Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) would also be beneficial.
* A valid UK driving licence is essential for this role as is the flexibility to work unsocial hours and to work away on site when required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.