8 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 43853
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tech Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
- Design, create and deliver infrastructure, code or services to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our internal or customer-facing services
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Contribute to the stability and security of the environment
- Be part of a team that contributes and creates new designs, architectures and standards for large-scale distributed systems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Define process and best practices for reliable and timely delivery of quality products
- Communicate work status regularly with a clear articulation of design choices along the way
- Config management (Testing and Automation)
- CI/CD (Understanding PipeLine design for CD/CI)
- Networking (deeper level knowledge of Networking, ex. FireWall, Security, VLANs, L3/L4/L7 ... etc)
- Storage Mgmt. (Storage Provisioning, LVM, Raid-levels, NFS, Object-Storage, Block-Storage etc)
- Virtualisation (VMWare / Openstack / Xen)
- Containerisation (Deep understanding of Docker-compose)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes/Swarm/Mesos)
- CloudPlatforms (architecture design on Cloud-Platform)
- Monitoring (Implementation of Monitoring Solutions / Metric Driven alerting and Logging (Splunk/ELK)
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about