7 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Software development is a cross functional team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that put us ahead of competition across: online content, customer service and sales. We ask for the very best from our development teams, so we'll make sure that you'll get the training, experience you need to have an enjoyable and fulfilling career here.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
As a Principal DevOps Engineer, you’ll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology, will be good at “getting things done” and believe that the route to speed and stability is through automation. Your position will see you operate across the department to drive best practice and deliver solutions the improve convergence and calibration.
- Oversight around design decisions.
- Presenting solutions to design panels and stake holders
- Enhancing and supporting a build framework for deploying applications and managing Linux servers.
- Running development, stage and production environments and deployments.
- Supporting and working alongside Agile development teams to ensure they have all the facilities to get the job done.
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Owning and managing relationships with multiple suppliers &/or equivalent internal teams.
- Designing and implementing a platform including automated provisioning, security, management infrastructure (e.g. DNS, time, Authentication, mail and directory services)
- Deep understanding of Linux operating systems particularly CentOS/RedHat and Ubuntu
- Experience developing, installing and configuring with Puppet or Ansible (or other CMS at scale)
- Solid experience running Cassandra or Kafka in production environments.
- Commercial experience of working on and running large web application infrastructures.
- Extensive experience working with, installing and configuring Apache, Tomcat and other common Open Source application and web servers.
- Experience of building monitoring solutions with Nagios or similar
- An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
- Good team player with leadership qualities
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better