10 months ago
Principal Designer - CDM (Senior Consultant)
Requisition ID :2019-41078
Work Location :GB-Various
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Civil
Additional Work Location : GB-Berkshire-Reading
Position Type : Fixed Term
Additional Work Locations
GB-Berkshire-Reading | GB-London
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Designer - CDM at Senior Consultant grade in either our London or Reading office to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
The successful candidate will contribute to / be responsible for the delivery of the Principal Designer role across all phases of the Design and Construction lifecycle on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial, Transport and Utilities.
You will have the ability to undertake a leading role in managing our team of CDM experts on complex mulit-discipline construction projects, have an understanding of key hazards typical to your relevant sectors and be able to work as an individual or as part of a wider team. You must be able to work with both internal and external project stakeholders to ensure Health and Safety issues are properly addressed and managed during the project lifecycle. The role requires an in depth understanding of design and construction processes and the ability to communicate effectively. You will have a clear understanding of the legal requirements of CDM and other legislation relevant to design and construction.
In particular, the role will require you to:
* Assess the competence of any designers and Contractors.
* Manage the collection and sharing of Pre-construction Information between duty holders
* Carry out H&S specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of a project
* Promote and manage clear communication between project duty holders with respect to coordination of outputs and management of health and safety issues at all project stages
* Prepare and issue the project specific Health and Safety File on completion
Please note, the successful candidate will be expected to work in various locations in the UK for short periods of time.
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a technical engineering degree
* Professionally qualified with an additional Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate, MSc qualification, Certified Membership of APS or ICE H&S Register)
* A high degree of understanding and knowledge on the application of the CDM Regulations
* Significant post qualification experience in either design or construction management including experience of leading design teams
* Good communication skills are required (written and verbal)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
* Chartered or close to obtaining chartership with the Engineering Council
* Membership of a H&S related Institution (APS / IOSH etc)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.