about 1 year ago
Principal Designer - CDM
· To ensure that Pell Frischmann meet their duties as Principal Designer under CDM2015 to our client Midland Metro Alliance
· To provide Health & Safety advice to all Dutyholders on Midland Metro Alliance projects
· Understand relevant Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety legislation and current design methods and provide technical support to Midland Metro Alliance design members to meet their duties under CDM.
· To ensure that Pell Frischmann in their role as Principal Designer to the Midland Metro Alliance undertake duties as required by the CDM 2015 regulations with respect to all projects carried out by the Midland Metro Alliance. These duties for each project include
· Plan, manage, monitor and coordinate matters relating to health and safety to ensure that, so far as is reasonably practicable, the project is carried out without risks to health or safety
· Ensure all designers comply with Regulation 9 - which lays out the duties of designers
· Ensure all persons cooperate with client, principal designer and each other.
· Prepare, update and revise H&S files and pass files to the Client
· Assist client in provision of pre-construction information and provide information to all who need it
· PD assist PC to prepare construction phase plan by providing information
· Liaise with PC re information
· Understand relevant Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety legislation and current design methods and provide technical support to Midland Metro Alliance team members to meet their duties under CDM. This may include the following additional services
· Advising the Client on the H&S arrangements for managing a project including appointing other duty holders and the allocation of sufficient time and resources.
· Assist the Client so that H&S arrangements are maintained/reviewed throughout each project.
· Notify projects to the HSE (F10), ensure that notifications are provided to the Principal Contractor to display on site and are updated as required, liaising with the Client and other duty holders throughout the process
· Assess the Construction Phase Plan prepared by the Principal Contractor and confirm to the Client that it is suitable and sufficient before work begins including any subsequent updates as agreed with the Client.
· Provide assurance to the Client that welfare facilities are suitable within the construction phase plan and are provided before construction work commences.
· Take reasonable steps to advise the Client that the Principal Contractor undertakes their CDM duties, including updates of the Construction Phase Plan.
· Assist the Client with ensuring that designers undertake duties under CDM 2015 for designs undertaken outside Great Britain (GB) for construction work within GB.