9 months ago
Requisition ID :2019-68907
Work Location :GB-West Midlands-Birmingham
Department / Discipline : Civil Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting an experienced Principal Designer - CDM at Senior Consultant grade for our Birmingham office. You will contribute to and be responsible for the delivery of the Principal Designer role across all phases of the Design and Construction lifecycle on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial, Transport and Utilities.
You will have an understanding of key hazards typical to relevant sectors and be able to work as an individual or as part of a wider team. You must be able to work with both internal and external project stakeholders to ensure Health and Safety issues are properly addressed and managed during the project lifecycle.
The role requires an in depth understanding of design and construction processes and the ability to communicate effectively. You will have a clear understanding of the legal requirements of CDM and other legislation relevant to design and construction activities.
In particular the role will require you to:
* Manage the collection and sharing of Pre-construction Information between duty holders
* Carry out H&S specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of a project
* Ensure that designers are complying with their duties under the CDM regulations
* Promote and manage clear communication between project duty holders with respect to coordination of outputs and management of health and safety issues at all project stages
* Prepare and issue the project specific Health and Safety File on completion
* Projects are located all over the UK and travel to meet Clients or work from Other Wood offices in the UK will be required at times
* Undertake design or other project management requirements comparable with your design or construction experience.
* To be self-motivated and capable of working within both internal and external team environments
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to HNC/HND/ degree level in a built environment related subject (eg, Engineering, Architecture, Building Surveying or Construction Management)
* Professionally qualified with at least one of the following additional Health and Safety qualifications: NEBOSH Construction Certificate, Incorporated Membership of APS or ICE H&S Register.
* Experience working in the UK
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Successful candidates must be able to pass a disclosure and barring security check. The level of security needed for this role is Security Check Cleared.
* The role will at times require working with sensitive information and security clearance will be required. Applicants must be prepared to disclose personal information to undergo vetting with the security agencies.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.