3 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
As a Principal Control & Instrumentation Engineer, you'll join our team in Coventry.
A typical week would include:
Program preparation/preparation of man hour estimates/control and monitoring.
Co-ordination with other disciplines.
Lead control and instrumentation engineer on projects.
Carrying out C & I design work, including:-
* Design concept and layout development
* Control System URS document
* Instrumentation specifications
* Control valve specifications
* Designing intrinsically safe systems suitable for installation within Hazardous areas
* Preparation of instrumentation equipment list
* Input into package plant specifications
* Design of Safety instrumented systems
* Process hazard studies (inc. HAZOP) and design safety reviews
* Detail design calculations
* Generate installation specifications
* Carry out GAMP5 audits on suppliers
* Preparation of validation documentation
* Approval and checking of all C&I design work on allocated projects
* Ability to make presentations to clients on process design or concept issues
* Ensure the operation aspects of any design are correct and are understood by other disciplines
* To coordinate the development of systems & procedures
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* You hold a Bachelors degree in appropriate Engineering subject (min. 2.2 Hons) or IEE Part 3 equivalent.
* Are a Chartered Engineer (M.I.E.E. or MInstMC).
* Have at least 10 years experience in control and instrumentation engineering design on capital projects within the process industry, some of which should be in a responsible position of managing a team of engineers and designers.
The role will be based in Coventry until Q3 2018 and then relocating to The Mailbox, Birmingham. You may be required to work away from home on occasions in addition to carrying out site visits primarily in the UK and Europe as necessary.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.