11 months ago
About the Role
We're seeking an experienced Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to join our team in Cardiff.
A typical week might include
Program preparation/preparation of man hour estimates/control and monitoring.
Carrying out C & I design work, including:-
* Design concept and layout development
* Control System URS document
* Instrumentation specifications
* Control valve specifications
* Designing intrinsically safe systems suitable for installation within Hazardous areas
* Preparation of instrumentation equipment list
* Input into package plant specifications
* Design of Safety instrumented systems
* Process hazard studies (inc. HAZOP) and design safety reviews
* Detail design calculations
* Generate installation specifications
* Carry out GAMP5 audits on suppliers
* Preparation of validation documentation
* Approval and checking of all C&I design work on allocated projects
* Ability to make presentations to clients on process design or concept issues
* Ensure the operation aspects of any design are correct and are understood by other disciplines
* To coordinate the development of systems & procedures
We would love to hear from you if
* You hold a Bachelors degree in appropriate Engineering subject (min. 2.2 Hons) or IEE Part 3 equivalent.
* Are a Chartered Engineer (M.I.E.E. or MInstMC).
The role will be based in Coventry; however you may be required to work away from home on occasion in addition to carrying out site visits primarily in the UK and Europe as necessary.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
With 7,000 talented people in 60 offices across the UK and Ireland, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
* We value our people and our reputation.
* We are locally dedicated with international scale.
* We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
* We foster collaboration in everything we do.
* We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.