6 months ago
Title : Principal Consultant / Associate Director Fire Engineer – Construction Projects
Requisition ID :2018-31891
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Construction
Additional Work Location : GB-London
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Fire Engineer at either Principal Consultant or Associate Director grade in our London office to work on construction projects.
The Fire Engineer is accountable for confirming that all proposals and designs comply with all requirements of fire engineering best practice. This will include reviewing design team outputs (both internal and external) and making recommendations on changes that may be required. There will also be site-based work reviewing installations / construction work and providing advice to site teams.
* Shall have experience on infrastructure, and construction projects and is recognised as a specialist in a specific field
* Must have thorough knowledge of fire engineering practices, economic principles, calculation methods, design details, UK codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
* Full understanding of fire spread and loads in buildings – during construction, operation, adverse conditions, and demolition
* Knowledge of smoke modelling, structural fire engineering, evacuation modelling, fire system commissioning
* Coordination with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring those other disciplines’ inputs reflect all required fire engineering requirements
* Reviews the Basis of Design (BOD) & Project Execution Plan (PEP) as well as all Client provided data for assigned projects
* Prepare and review design drawings and documents; and material and equipment specifications
* Provide guidance to the project design teams.
* Resolves Engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
* Finalizing all discipline deliverables for assigned project/projects
* Familiarity with quality control systems in design
* Participate in Design Reviews
* Compile technical documentation for Statutory approval
* Populate the Project Lessons Learned Database and implement agreed suggestions on future projects
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
* Shall have design experience with suppression systems, fire water pumps, fire water distribution systems, fire water storage tanks, hydrants, monitors, and fire extinguishers
* Planning and scheduling of discipline deliverables and activities including man-hour estimation
* Day to day coordination with Lead Technical Professional for smooth progress of development of project Deliverables.
* Evaluates bids & prepares technical bid evaluations
* Prepares bid clarification questions and handles responses, and coordinates / chairs technical aspects of bid clarification meetings.
* Reviews all vendor data, solicit specific input from affected disciplines, and returns comments
* Ensure Wood’s / Clients / Regulatory procedures are implemented in all projects assigned with
* Prepare / Check Fire Protection and Fire & Gas detection System Philosophy / Specification, Fire Water Demand Calculations, Datasheets, and calculations, etc.,
Qualifications and Accreditations
* Significant experience in design
* Professional Registration or equivalent registration is preferred
* Membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers
* Degree in Fire Engineering
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.