about 1 year ago
Title : Principal Consultant/ Associate Director - Environmental Impact Assessment
Requisition ID :2018-30288
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Additional Work Location : GB-Berkshire-Reading
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is a FTSE 100 global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. With over 160 years of experience, we employ 55,000 people in more than 600 offices in over 60 countries. Our Environment and Infrastructure Solutions Business Unit provides full consulting, engineering, and construction services to our customers in the oil/gas/chemicals, power, mining, industrial, pharmaceutical, government, transportation and water sectors.
Due to continuing success in London and the south-east, we are looking to recruit a Principal Consultant or Associate Director to be based in either our London or Reading office to make a significant contribution to our reputable and successful team delivering Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for a wide range of high profile major projects from a variety of sectors including nuclear, aviation, offshore wind, urban regeneration, grid connection and transport related projects.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood’s wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business.
The role requires excellent reporting and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team, seeking technical input from other disciplines to deliver carefully considered solutions to produce high quality work.
You will be responsible for:
* Project managing the delivery of EIAs for major infrastructure projects
* Working with other technical teams and co-ordinating technical inputs
* Undertaking consultation with stakeholders
* Line managing a small team of consultants to deliver a portfolio of EIAs in different sectors
* Supporting business development through the identification and development of new opportunities
Skills / Qualifications
You will be a self-starter and a proactive and collaborative EIA practitioner with:
* A proven track record managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver EIA projects with a minimum of 5 years consultancy experience preferably in the major infrastructure sector
* Strong EIA skills and experience of providing technical leadership with an attention to detail that ensures a high quality product
* Experience in managing direct and indirect staff including sub-contractors
* Project management acumen and experience in a variety of projects including HSE provisions, project finances, developing complex programmes, scheduling and planning, business management processes, internal and external stakeholder management and understanding of project risks and mitigation.
* Demonstrable record of developing and securing new business
You will have some or all of the following qualifications:
* A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
* Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study)
* Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
Full driving licence
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.