7 months ago
What is the purpose of this role?
Based in Crawley, our SE Hub produces Highways and Structures designs for local authority and private sector clients, which range from simple schemes to multi-million pound contracts.
We are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to lead a team of circa 7 engineers and technicians to deliver a broad range of mutli-disciplinary civil engineering design projects. With a background in highway design or structural design, you will be a pivotal member of our Highways Design delivery team and act as a deputy to the Account Manager for our South East Hub.
As an experienced Civil Design Engineer you will lead the delivery of our current workload and secure future business in both the public and private sectors. This includes conducting Principal Bridge inspections and having sign off on all systems of work.
Recent Key Projects include:
* A28 Sturry Link Road, Canterbury, detail design £29.6m.
* A28 Chart Road Improvement Scheme, Ashford, detail design £26.2m.
* A206 St Clements Way Improvements, Dartford, detail design £6.9m.
* Tunbridge Wells Public Realm Phase 2, detail design £1.5m.
* Brexit Mitigation – Support to Kent County Council countywide network in readiness for Brexit.
What are we looking for in a Principal Civil Engineer?
* A degree in Civil Engineering
* A chartered Engineer (CEng/IEng + MICE) / CIHT / IHE
* Thorough / expert knowledge and understanding of the DMRB / Local Authority Standards
* Evidence of leading/managing a variety of Highway Design Projects
* Effective and proven team motivational skills
* Good IT Skills with a sound knowledge of engineering software
* Proven communication skills with the ability to build and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders
* Significant experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Proven ability of managing projects and delivering on time and within budget
* Commercial and financial awareness
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities and workload
* Ability to work under pressure and deliver a high-quality product
* Broad knowledge and understanding of key design software (CAD/3d/MX/Open roads)
* Thorough knowledge of CDM and health and safety requirements / implications of design
* As a Principal Civil Engineer, we expect Health & Safety to be a key focus for you
* Hold a driving license