5 months ago
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of Civil design, leading a dedicated Civil design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the Civil and Structural elements of a complete project.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
• Plan and lead multi-disciplinary surveys
• Manage CDM/CSM/risk analyses and attend HAZID workshops
• Undertake the role of CEM in accordance with Network Rail’s processes
• Manage the Civil and Structural elements of a complete project and brief Civil and structural design teams on contractual requirements and standards/workscopes
• Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors and attend IDC meetings/ the client, attend client meetings and respond professionally to client feedback/DRNs
• Undertake high complexity design cost estimates and assist with bid development work and prepare high level reports and feasibility studies
• Act as SCE / DE for UK Spec IEng/CEng
We want to hear from you if you have:
• Achieved CEng / IEng status (or equivalent)/ hold significant relevant experience - confirmed using the authority to work process
• Have a working knowledge of BIM and be able to assist others in the use of BIM
• Have expertise in the use of the design software in the discipline e.g. including AutoCAD and MicroStation, and can mentor others
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the interfaces between all railway disciplines and how these are managed: the design process, network rail’s technical approvals process and engineering management
• Ability to check design work for Civil and Structural Design elements of projects and act as an approver ensuring all contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards
• Ability to recognise changes to the scope, that will affect cost and programme; and be able to quantify these changes, be aware of process for reporting the change to the project manager
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.