over 2 years ago
Principal Civil Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-41336
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Civil Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Civil Engineer in our London office in Canary Wharf. You will be a leading member of a team of engineers working on multiple infrastructure projects, including but not limited: Highways, General Infrastructure, Drainage, Waste Infrastructure, Waste Water and Water Treatment; across several markets, including waste, defence, property, industrial and transportation.
You will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects across the UK. Key clients include Heathrow, Homes and Communities Agency (HCA), Local Authorities and Waste Authorities, and working with these clients to deliver their aspirations and ambitions will be an important factor. You will play a leading role in the design and assessment of infrastructure projects within multidisciplinary design teams and will take appropriate responsibility for the delivery and quality of the design elements.
We are looking for individuals that have a strong base of technical skills coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills gained in either a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy environment who now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organisation that will support their future development.
* Manage a design team and provide guidance and mentoring to junior members;
* Deliver engineering services/projects to a range of sectors, including waste, water, utilities, transport, airports, and industrial;
* Lead civil engineering designs and the co-ordination of the multidisciplinary teams;
* Work collaboratively with other consultants and colleagues to the benefit of the ongoing projects;
* Undertake and review design calculations and specifications;
* Co-ordination of the production of construction drawings;
* Preparation of technical reports at various project stages including feasibility, concept and detailed design;
* Preparation of contract documents;
* Liaising with the clients and developing trust relationships;
* Engaging and coordinating with projects stakeholders such as Planning Authorities, Environmental Agency and DNOs;
* Contribute to and lead engineering inputs to PQQs and tenders;
* Adhere to quality and technical assurance procedures for all deliverables produced by the team;
* Compliance with Wood’s HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy requirements
Skills / Qualifications
Experience & Skills
* Extensive experience in multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy projects;
* Considerable experience of working on design of major infrastructure projects;
* Experience in the Waste Sector, Industry Sector or Utilities Sector;
* Experience of leading, developing and growing an engineering team;
* Demonstrable technical review/assurance skills;
* Working knowledge of health and safety requirements and CDM, 2015;
* Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements
* Working knowledge of 2D&3D design software (AutoCAD, Civil3D)
* Working knowledge of drainage design software (MicroDrainage, Infoworks);
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
* Experience in multi-sector and international projects;
* Experience in Site Supervision;
* Has experience working in an NEC Contract environment;
* Working knowledge and experience of the application of BIM;
* Experience in Project Management and Project Direction.
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
* Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE
* Chartered Engineer
* Project Management qualification;
* SSSTS or SMSTS
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.