10 months ago
Being part of Atkins Networks and Drainage engineering practice, the challenges flow thick and fast. You will have the opportunity to apply your talents to high-profile, multidisciplinary challenges.
Whatever the project, you will be part of our expanding team in the UK, working to the same goal in delivering high quality, interesting projects to clients’ satisfaction. As our business grows and develops, so do the opportunities we take on. That means you can expect an ever-evolving array of diverse challenges that will call on all of your skills and expertise.
Having attained Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer status, you will positively contribute to delivery of Atkins’ local and national strategy. The Networks and Drainage engineering sectors are key markets for Atkins and this vacancy is for an Principal Civil Design Engineer providing unparalleled opportunity for personal development within a leading design, engineering and project management consultancy. International opportunities. Large scale, high profile projects. Once in a lifetime challenges. Your story can start here.
This role working with our Drainage Design Team in the South West, based in our Bristol Office. The successful candidate should have appropriate professional qualifications, be degree qualified and proven experience of designing and planning:
* Trunk & Distribution Mains
* SuDS design
* Mains & Sewer Rehabilitation
* Pressure Management
* Service Diversions
* Flooding mitigation
The successful candidate shall demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the market sector, excellent technical skills and possess excellent, client management and engagement, and multi-disciplinary design management skills.
The Principal Engineer will have local responsibilities relating to technical reputation, project delivery, and mentoring and technical development of junior staff and will contribute to the implementation of business strategy. The successful candidate will be expected to lead and contribute to the technical success of national and international projects delivered from the Bristol Office.
* Assume Technical Lead role on projects to ensure Atkins delivers Smarter, Faster & More Reliable outcomes for its clients
* Undertake design management and coordination on multi-disciplinary projects
* Actively encourage staff to participate in, and contribute to, internal best practice forums, and external profile raising activities
* Staff development - agree plans to develop skills and experience through training, on-the-job experience, and personal development.
* Business Duties
* Actively encourage the integration and use of the Atkins Global Design Centre in India
* Ensure compliance with corporate standards and policies
* Contribute to Client Relationship Development with our key Water Company and non-Water Company clients with the strategic growth of both revenue and margin
* Contribute to bidding opportunities to win work and identify and manage risks
* The Individual
* Possessing a flexible, winning attitude.
* Able to generate innovative solutions to challenges and follow them through.
* Self-motivated towards improving personal and team development.
* Excellent team working and communication skills.
* Customer focused and a high level of relationship management skills
* Strong reputation and high level technical performance in a fast paced environment.