7 months ago
Principal Bridge Engineer - (BI 0004HF)
Jacobs leads the global professional
services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical,
professional, and construction – and program - management. Our 77,000+
employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies
and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients
across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been
involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering
innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues,
from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019
World's Most Admired Companies…
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
The Worcester office undertakes a wide variety of civil engineering design and asset management work for longstanding clients. The Bridge Engineer will cover a wide range of project activities including scheme development, preliminary and detailed design, project management, asset management, inspections, procurement and construction supervision. With this range of work the successful applicant will be in a great position to complete their ICE attributes within a supportive environment and an established mentoring network.
We currently have an opportunity for a Principal Bridge Engineer within our Bridges team based in Worcester. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. You will be based at our Worcester office, with a busy team of bridge engineers and technicians, playing a key role in delivering to regional and national Clients. We are looking for a Chartered Principal Bridge Engineer with experience of delivering projects involving new build analysis, detailed design, bridge inspection, assessment and rehabilitation schemes.
The office undertakes a wide variety of civil engineering design and asset management work for new and longstanding clients. Working as a Principal Bridge Engineer within our existing diverse team you will be able to communicate effectively and be a self starter.
Responsible for project delivery and undertake the role of technical lead on a range of bridge and highway related projects.
Lead and mentor bridge staff on tasks such as structural analysis (design and assessment), feasibility studies, production of contract documents and reports.
Use your knowledge and skills in working together with the team and other disciplines in providing an integrated service to clients
Help seek innovative solutions in achieving best value in delivering our services
Help development of the team through the delivery of projects and commissions, providing technical and administrative support and leadership where required
* Chartered bridge engineer with extensive relevant work experience within a bridge design office. Specifically of the following areas:
- Bridge design
- Bridge analysis
- Bridge assessment & inspection
* Full membership of an appropriate professional body such as the ICE or IStructE
* Desire to mentor and coach those around you to ensure project delivery and advance the technical abilities of others
* Proven track record of delivery of bridge and highway related projects, use of the DMRB and an ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
* Working knowledge of Eurocodes in the field of bridge design
* Experience of undertaking client facing roles and an ability to attract new clients into the business
* Experience of project financial management and bidding to deliver continued workload
* Relevant accredited engineering degree, Minimum 2:1 (Master’s Degree level)
* Computer literate with previous experience of using a structural engineering package
* Excellent written and spoken ability in English as you will be expected to discuss project requirements with clients, and produce quality reports and technical papers for review
* Experience of using a range of analysis and drawing/modelling packages
* Experience in a broad range of bridge types and procurement models
* Experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
* Experience of stakeholder management
* Experience of bridge asset management best practice
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Worcester
: Apr 3, 2019, 9:24:08 AM