6 months ago
Principal/Senior Bridge Engineer
up to £50,000
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior/Principal Bridges Engineer in our Bridges Team, within our Engineering Design Team based in our Carlisle office. We are seeking an Engineer who is Chartered with ICE or IStructE.. The ideal candidate will have design experience on replacement, refurbishment or strengthening of heavy civil structures, including bridges, marine structures and retaining walls. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute towards the design, management and maintenance of bridges and highway structures and to provide structural design advice to our clients.
This role will be based in our office in Carlisle. However, travelling may be required to other Capita offices or Client offices.
* Assessment of bridges, marine structures, retaining walls and other structures.
* Feasibility studies, designs and reports
* Analysis of structures and production of detailed design calculations
* Production of works information including drawings and specifications
* Mentoring and development of junior staff
* Independent management of small to medium sized projects
* Maintenance planning and management
* Preparing designs in accordance with current design standards taking into account CDM legislation, whole life costing, value and risk management.
* Principal, general inspection of highway structures
* Degree qualified with post graduate qualification a definite advantage
* Chartered with ICE or IStructE
* Structural design experience to British Standards and Eurocodes of heavy civil structures
* Experience in the analysis of structures
* Structural Inspection, assessment and asset management
* Knowledge of project management techniques
* Proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Mircosoft Office
* Full driving licence
* Experience of bridge asset management
* Experience of marine structures design and management
* Good knowledge of DMRB
* Experience of Design & Build schemes
* Be familiar with relevant H&S regulations and promote a culture of awareness within the team
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
* Lead by example;
* Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff;
* Be open and honest;
* Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
* Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done; and
* Focus on solutions rather than problems.
* Capable of mentoring junior members of staff
* Assists Team Leader on team building
* 37.5 hours a week
* Annual leave – 25 days
* The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita and support will be provided for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications.
* Access to many Capita Group benefits including payment of one relevant professional subscription, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes.