7 months ago
We have an opportunity for an Associate (or a polished Principal) Structural Engineer to join our highly regarded and award-winning team in Central Cardiff, CF11 9AB.
Hydrock is an independently owned multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of circa 500 staff, operating out of 16 offices in the UK. We are one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (note our recent Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). We believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Feedback from our client listening programme and employee surveys indicates we are great to work with, whether providing a service to a client or rewarding our employees!
This office opened in 2015 and has grown organically into a team of over 45, including civil and structures, mechanical and electrical, transportation, geo-environmental and fire engineering teams. Working across Wales and beyond, our recent projects include Llys Cadwyn in Pontypridd, Techniquest in Cardiff, Tirdeunaw and Tan Y Lan Schools in Swansea and New Covent Garden Market in London.
Our modern open plan office looks out over Bute Park, and is located a stone’s throw from Cardiff Castle and The Principality Stadium. It is a great place to work! At the time of writing we are predominantly working from home, but there is an appetite to return to the collaborative and social environment that is a Hydrock office, when it is safe to do so.
What you’ll be responsible for
A combination of project delivery, managing and developing our people, looking after our clients and contributing to our brand/market position through delivering our values. Specific activities will include:
* Management and delivery of projects from scheme and concept design through to construction.
* Attendance at client, design and site meetings.
* Management and development of engineers and technicians including resourcing, personal and professional development.
* Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors.
* Aiding in the preparation of bids, tenders and fee proposals.
* Seeking and taking opportunities to develop your brand and ours at events.
* Work winning and key client management.
What skills and attributes are we looking for?
You’ll have a strong track record in project delivery and you’ll be developing the attributes we refer to above, around our people, our clients and building the business. Your profile might look like this:
* Significant experience in building structures design in the UK.
* Knowledge of the Wales market and construction industry.
* Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong technical ability in structural engineering, with a broad knowledge of geotechnics, architecture, building services and construction as a whole.
* Understanding of BIM, BREEAM and sustainability in structural engineering.
* Developing marketing/business development skills.
* Ambition and drive - someone who believes in our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and our success.
* MEng/ BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
* Chartered Membership/Associate Membership of the IStructE/ICE OR working towards Chartership.
What you can expect in general
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A superb team, office and employer. A genuine opportunity to create and to be recognised and rewarded. You can check out our 2019 wrap up video here.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary, car allowance and employer pension contribution, private medical cover, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.