4 months ago
Principal / Associate Hydrogeologist
We are looking for an experienced and motivated hydrogeologist to strengthen national hydrogeological services. The successful candidate will operate within the existing geo-environmental setup of WYG. You will liaise closely with the national groundwater team lead to help grow the existing business.
In addition the potential candidate will be responsible for liaising with senior member of other business units within the office to develop a wider geo-environmental workload, the work will be supported by other geo-environmental offices within the UK. An understanding of wider geo-environmental assessments within a planning environment is expected.
About the Role:
You will join our team of c. 110 geo-environmental specialists working on major infrastructure, regeneration and development projects for public and private sector clients throughout the UK. You will be expected to work collaboratively with your colleagues across geo environment and all other WYG disciplines.
You will be responsible for developing new contacts and opportunities and contributing to and managing groundwater related projects. You will need to have a track record of identifying opportunities, pricing and winning work.
You will have extensive experience in various aspects of geo-environmental work which would include, but not exclusively, desk studies, ground investigation, hydrogeological risk and impact assessments, quantitative risk assessment, project management and client liaison. You will also demonstrate experience across a range of sectors and geographical locations. Ideally you will have knowledge of the West Midlands, as well as key client contacts.
You will work collaboratively with other disciplines located in our Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds and Leicester offices, including planners, permitting team, geotechnical engineers, project managers and other environmental specialists, together with our established geo environmental teams in the southern region located in London, Croydon, Swindon and Cardiff.
* You will be educated to degree level in Geology or Civil Engineering, and a Master’s Degree in Hydrogeology or similar. You will have excellent experience of geo-environment work. You should hold Chartership with a relevant professional body.
* You will have the ability to develop strong relationships both internally within WYG and externally.
* Can create and develop client relationships including widening our client base.
* You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent planning & organisational skills;
* A high level of motivation to deliver excellent quality to programme;
* You will have a good all-round knowledge of the UK planning system and the workings of local government.
* Commitment to professional and personal development of self and others;
* It is anticipated that you will have experience in the following;
* Landfill Risk Assessment
* Water Resource Development and appraisal;
* Water Quality Risk Assessment;
* Mining / Quarry Risk Assessment;
* Knowledge of the principles of groundwater flow modelling, or prior experience of using Modflow, MINTEQ, PHREEQC, LandSIM and ConSIM software would be desirable also knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS.
* You must have a full UK driving licence.
The position is available immediately.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
* WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
* WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
* WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG PLC’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy an excellent remuneration package, including contributory pension, life insurance, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package of professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals and a fully paid professional membership subscription.
The WYG flexible benefits scheme was introduced in recognition of the fact that the needs and priorities of each individual differ. WYG “Flexible Benefits” is a menu of benefit options which allows you to vary your remuneration package to suit your own personal circumstances.