about 1 year ago
Principal/Associate Geo-Environmental Consultant (S'hampton)
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Principal Consultant or Associate to join our multidisciplinary office in Southampton and lead the development of a new regional geo environmental team.
You will join our team of 100 geo environmental specialists working on major infrastructure, regeneration and development projects for public and private sector clients throughout the UK. You will be expected to work collaboratively with your colleagues across geo environment and all other WYG disciplines.
You will be a proven ‘work winner’ and a respected technical specialist with experience in various aspects of geo-environmental work including, but not limited to, desk studies, ground investigation, geotechnical and contaminated land assessment, remediation, project management, regulatory authority consultation and client liaison.
Our Southampton office has 65 employees and is well located in an attractive business campus off Junction 7 of the M27.
Reporting to senior members within the geo-environmental team, you will be responsible for developing a geo-environmental team that will operate within the existing geo-environmental setup of WYG. You will have the opportunity to lead your own projects and develop your own client base, as well as to work within multidisciplinary teams on larger projects.
You will work collaboratively with other disciplines in the Southampton office including planners, transport planners, landscape architects, engineers, project managers and other environmental specialists, together with our established geo environmental teams in the southern region located in London, Croydon, Swindon and Cardiff.
You will demonstrate experience across a range of sectors and ideally will have knowledge of the southern region, as well as established key client contacts.
With strong business development skills, you will develop existing client relations, identify and secure new clients and build lasting relationships. You will manage the technical, health and safety, quality and financial performance of projects. You will also motivate, develop and manage the performance of others and facilitate the professional and personal development of staff.
* You will be educated to degree level in Geology or Civil Engineering, with excellent experience of geo-environmental work. Chartership would also be an advantage.
* You will be commercially aware, have a proven track record in winning work and building teams; and have the ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally.
* You will possess contract administration, contract management, ground investigation and ideally remediation skills and knowledge of industry standard contracts, including ICC and NEC and ground investigation standard specifications.
* You will demonstrate passion for and a proven track record of business development and be able to identify and respond to new business opportunities including writing and reviewing bids and quotations.
* You will be experienced in managing the financial performance of projects to achieve budget targets and maintain key performance indicators.
* Your background should include a diverse range of sectors including brownfield regeneration, private sector development and infrastructure projects, as well as delivery to local and governmental authorities.
* You will be familiar with UK guidance, legislation and the development planning regime and have experience of the discharge of planning conditions related to ground contamination. Experience of contributing to EIAs would also be an advantage.
* You will have experience of ground investigations in urban environments along with strong knowledge of health and safety, with the capability to manage documentation, as well as staff and suppliers.
* You must have a full UK driving licence.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
* International Development
* Infrastructure & Built Environment
* Programme & Project Management
* Surveying & Asset Management
* Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy an excellent remuneration package, including contributory pension, life insurance, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package of professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals and a fully paid professional membership subscription.
The WYG flexible benefits scheme was introduced in recognition of the fact that the needs and priorities of each individual differ. WYG “Flexible Benefits” is a menu of benefit options which allows you to vary your remuneration package to suit your own personal circumstances.