4 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Principal / Associate Director level Consultation / Stakeholder Manager to be based in our London, Bristol or Shrewsbury office.
Our stakeholder service is integral to our aspirations for growth. It continues to expand and we therefore have an exciting opportunity for an experienced stakeholder engagement specialist/planner with at least 10 years relevant postgraduate experience. The right person will help us to drive forward our work in stakeholder management and consultation helping us to deliver our Action Plan. They will lead the delivery of an expanding portfolio of projects and support colleagues in the multi-disciplinary projects which they manage. Our current projects range from lead consenting and stakeholder management activities for nationally significant infrastructure projects through to managing consultations and stakeholder engagement for individual sites and providing support and advice to a range of private and public sector clients which include local authorities such as the Isle of Anglesey, government agencies such as the Planning Advisory Service (iDeA) as well as Homes and Communities Agency and developers such as National Grid, Heathrow Airport Limited, Horizon and EDF. We are keen to expand our client portfolio further and see stakeholder management and consultation as a key to this success.
Based within our established planning team and working with other colleagues experienced in stakeholder management and engagement you will assist in growing our business throughout the UK as well as leading the consultation and stakeholder engagement workstream for existing clients. You will act as project manager/director on commissions with responsibility for ensuring that work is delivered on time and to budget. You will also work as part of wider multi-disciplinary teams delivering projects on time and to budget.
Skills / Qualifications
* Chartered member of the RTPI (or equivalent)
* Significant experience in the delivery of stakeholder engagement and consultation, preferably for applications under the Planning Act 2008 or large infrastructure related projects
* You will have significant experience working with or within a consultancy environment with an exemplary track record in the development, design and delivery of major consultations; and proven success in client management and business development
* Typically we would expect someone to have a minimum of ten years' experience to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully
* Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills are a requirement for this role (public speaking experience an advantage)
* You will have the ambition and ability to develop new client relationships, to help build our business and to manage key clients.
* Full driving licence essential
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.