7 months ago
About the Role
Principal Asset Management Engineer, Highways - Manchester
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
We are seeking a Principal Asset Manager to enhance the capability of WSP within the field of infrastructure asset management with multiple clients, particularly in public sector organisations, but also interacting with the private sector clients.
You’ll also be a key leader within the emerging asset management team based in the midlands. Although your primary focus will be the Transportation sector, you will also contribute to other sectors such as the water sectors.
A typical week would include:
* Lead a range of strategic, tactical and operational asset management projects and bids, particularly for UK public sector transportation infrastructure owners
* Foster client relationships through attentive care and keeping of promises
* Assist the Technical Director – Asset Management in establishing the standards for the business through your actions and behaviours
* Grow and develop the team to support your client portfolio of work
* Demonstrate asset management leadership through creating collaborative relationships, successfully delivering projects, training and sharing knowledge from technical networks
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Extensive experience in asset management, with specific infrastructure asset management experience working for either a UK consultant, UK contractor or UK infrastructure owning organisation.
* A degree, or equivalent professional experience, in a relevant field
* Experience of managing a team including line management or project management
* An ISO55001, or International Infrastructure Management Manual IIMM approach to asset management
* Knowledge of drainage, water sector, buildings & facilities or transportation asset managemen
* The full lifecycle of risk-based forward works programme development
* Managing technical staff to deliver on asset management projects
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Asset Manager who is prepared to develop and maintain excellent client relationships through strong project delivery and technical leadership. You’ll need good project management skills and a knowledge and competency base across a wide range of asset management topics applicable to the infrastructure sector.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.